Skip to content Skip to footer

Universal Credit

Universal Credit has replaced many benefits such as Housing Benefit, Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) and Jobseeker’s Allowance (ESA). If you have recently been told that you need to make a claim for Universal Credit then we can help you.

We can:

  • Find what you need
  • Help you start, manage and submit a claim
  • Point you in the right direction if you need any further help

You can get help from us in a number of ways. You can call our Help To Claim Advice Line Number:

0800 144 8444

You can use the Help to Claim web chat by clicking on this link and using the Talk To An Advisor box at the bottom of the screen.

If you would prefer to sit down with an advisor then you can meet with one of our Help to Claim advisers who are based in your local Jobcentre.

  • West Bromwich Job Centre Mon, Tues Thurs and Fri 9am – 1.00pm and Weds 10am – 1.00pm
  • Oldbury Jobcentre Mon, Tues Thurs and Fri 9am – 1.00pm and Weds 10am – 1.00pm
  • Smethwick Jobcentre (by appointment only) Tues Thurs and Fri 9am – 1.00pm and Weds 10am – 1.00pm
  • Tipton Jobcentre Mon, Tues and Thurs 9am – 1.00pm and Weds 9am – 1.00pm
  • Halesowen Jobcentre Mon 9am – 1.00pm
  • Walsall Bayard House Mon 9am – 1.00pm
  • Bilston Jobcentre Mon 9am – 1.00pm
  • Perry Barr Jobcentre Tues 9am – 1.00pm and Weds 10am – 1.00pm
  • Selly Oak Jobcentre Mon and Weds 9am – 1.00pm
  • Handsworth Jobcentre Thurs 9am – 1.00pm
  • Broad Street Jobcentre Fri 9am – 1.00pm

If you just want a bit of information, relating to Universal Credit then the Citizens Advice website has lots of information about how you can make a claim.

Contact Us

Advice Line — 0300 330 9017 (Local Rates)